DVR Storage Calculator for Analog Security Cameras
Use this calculator to determine just how much storage space you will need for your surveillance system.
How to use this tool
- Enter the number of cameras on the system (typically 4-16)
- Enter the frames per second (fps) of the cameras. Typically customers choose to record between 7 and 15 fps. Over 25 fps is normally considered 'real time' but not needed for most applications
- Enter the type of encoding for your video.
- Enter the screen resolution you want for your video.
- Enter the number of hours that your system will record each day. Using scheduled recording and/or motion detection can dramatically reduce this time.
- Enter the number of days of storage you wish to maintain on the hard drive.
- The results will be in gigabytes (1000GB = 1TB).
Contact Our Security Experts Today!
If you're ready to give yourself peace of mind, we can help. Contact us at 877-917-9059 or through our contact form to get started with a free security needs analysis. It's the first step towards better security.
FREE Needs Analysis!
Fill out the form below and receive a free, no obligation quote from a security expert in Grand Prairie, TX.